Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Between Sleep and Awake

So this morning, after an okay night's sleep -- I woke up, wide awake around 5:30am.
And instead of trying to fall back asleep, I stayed up, surfed the web, until about 8:30am.

Then I decided that I would go back to sleep for another few hours. It was one of those "quickly fall back asleep, but you aren't in deep sleep" sleeps. Those are always when I have the most memorable and active dreams though.

And this time -- I dreamed of my mom. We were going through the drawer in her bookshelf, where she kept a bunch of keepsakes (in the dream, she kept pulling out vintage flags, though that's definitely not what is kept there). And we were remembering everything about what she was finding in there. It was also weird because I got the sense that she had already passed away... but this was like her "last hurrah" to get things organized and in place before she "left". It's odd to type that out, but in the dream it made sense (as most things in dreams do).

At the tail end of a weekend that was hard, and I missed her to bad it ripped my heart out -- it really made me smile, and gave me some peace this morning.

I remember it all, mom.
Thank you for that.
Love you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment